Wednesday 30 June 2010

Year 5 & 6 Extension:Mt. Tarawera

For a while the year 5&6 extension group has been learning about the mean eruption of Mt. Tarawera that destroyed one of the eight wonders of the world,the amazing pink and white terraces. Everybody in the class contributed to make one big movie to show what happened before ,during and after the eruption.

Everybody had little groups that they worked in to show their part of the story. My group was made up of Toreka, Crusader, Kingston and I.In our group we were working on what happened before the eruption.

It was mainly about one day when a group of tourists and the tour guide Sophia were going to see the terraces when suddenly in the distance they saw a strange looking waka with people in it who looked like they almost had dog heads and human bodies. As sophia and her group of tourists went closer it looked like the dog people were duplicating and then when they went even closer they started to disappear one by one. Then the whole waka disappeared.

This is what you will see on the movie below


4 comments:

  1. Nice job Litia, you have created a detailed animation of the half dog half humans duplicating.I hope I get to see the complete finished product!
    The Pink and White Terraces must have been amazing! Keep up the great work!
    Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Litia

    I miss you so much, I wish you could be here with me. I loved your story about Mt Tarawera. You must be having fun in extension.
    write back soon.

    Teresaxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Teresa,

    I miss you too. Thanks so much for the comment. I can't wait to see you again. By the way when are you coming back? Everyone really wants to see you. Well mostly the girls.
    See you soon

    Litia

    ReplyDelete