Thursday 1 July 2010

Year 5 & 6 Extension:Mt. Tarawera Project Reflection




This term at Pt. England School our topic is Active Earth. Active Earth is all about volcanoes,earthquakes,tsunamis and other natural disasters. For the last couple of weeks the year 5&6 extension group have been working in groups, learning about the eruption of Mt. Tarawera that destroyed the beautiful pink and white terraces. Here is my reflection of this project.

Purpose


.I think one of the purposes for this project was to see how well we worked in a team and what one person did to contribute to the group.

.One of the other purposes I think was to show the rest of the school what we do in extension and see what they think.

.Another purpose was that it was quite important for us to learn about this eruption because it was in New Zealand and effected kiwis,and we are kiwis to.

Brick wall

The thing that held me back in this project was that I put alot of pressure on myself about the time limit and that stressed me out and stopped me from just getting on with doing my work and helping my group.

1 comment:

  1. To Litia,

    I think that, that is absolutely corrct. That is such a good reflection. The brick wall for me was the same, I had put a lot of pressure on me. I had got really stressed out. I also think that you are right in the 4th paragraph. I certainly agree with you. I hope that in the next project we do, we do much better and we don't stress out to much.

    P.S Why don't you check out my Tarawera movie and comment on it. Here is the link to my blog
    pesmubasshiram.blogspot.com
    or just click on my name above.

    Your Sincerely,
    Mubasshira

    ReplyDelete