Tuesday 22 November 2011

Biggest Panic Ever


One look at the sailing boats made me think,”this is way too complicated”. To help get me through this process, Serena and I sailed together. I was in charge of controlling the sail and Serena steered us. Fingers crossed we wouldn’t capsize.

I didn’t really know what I was doing, so every time the sail flung over to the other side Serena and I would scream and shout. It wasn’t that I didn’t listen to the instructions, it was just a bit confusing for me. This sport was probably something that I would do once for fun.

Challenge: Sail to the opposite side of the beach. My thoughts: WHY? We got closer and closer to where the bigger waves were. I was scared that our boat would tip, and I would get caught under it. Luckily Serena and I got to the other side and back without capsizing. I was so relieved!

1 comment:

  1. You made me laugh when you wrote about your thoughts WHY? Oh I think I would have been just as nervous. Well done to you and Serena for making it to your destination and back. It's great to have these experiences Litia. I've yet to go on a year 6 camp, I'm really hoping I'll get to experience one soon. Who knows...maybe Mrs Nua will take me on the year 8 camp ; ). Keep up the great writing Litia.

    ReplyDelete